Composite extension breaks proprietary flash plugin

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon May 8 14:57:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

Just to point out that enabling the "Composite" extension in Rawhide's
Xorg to try out Aiglx makes firefox exit with a nasty X error when it tries
to use the flash plugin.

Unless this is a bug in Xorg (which I doubt), it's now up to Macromedia to
fix the issue. I just wanted to point it out to other Rawhide testers that
could have been having the same issue without knowing any workaround ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.89 (Rawhide) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2196_FC6
Load : 0.92 1.01 0.58