Fedora Core package cleanup project

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri May 12 23:00:35 UTC 2006

AP> A full tutorial/howto on how to go about doing this might be
AP> helpful. I currently have the time and a spare machine to help in
AP> this. Just not the know how.

Well, getting a basic mock setup is pretty easy; just "yum install
mock" and then add yourself to the mock group.  Then you can do
something like:

mock -r fedora-development-x86_64-core.cfg --debug /path/to/src.rpm

to build that package for rawhide, x86_64 (assuming you have an x86_64
machine).  However, it will be awfully slow because each build has to
download and install 110MB of packages.  I get around this by having a
complete local Fedora mirror and editing the configuration files in
/etc/mock to point to it; others install a Squid proxy which means
you'll only have to download each package once.

 - J<.