Sun JRE or JDK to enter core, or at least extras?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed May 17 21:01:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 22:48 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any comments on
> http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2006-05/sunflash.20060516.4.xml ?
> I understand this as an indicator, that the Sun JDK and JRE should now
> be distributable via Fedora Core or Extras? If so, I would very much
> like to see this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jochen

I'm not sure, but I think the license is still not sufficiently open for
inclusion in Core. It might be open enough for livna or (preferably)
JPackage.

Also, I don't think they provide a proper 64-bit or PPC package, whearas
Red Hat and friends are working on a stack that does, a stack that is
open.