Sun JRE or JDK to enter core, or at least extras?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed May 17 21:09:49 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 22:48 +0200, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any comments on
> http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2006-05/sunflash.20060516.4.xml ?
> I understand this as an indicator, that the Sun JDK and JRE should now
> be distributable via Fedora Core or Extras? If so, I would very much
> like to see this.

This pretty much kills it:

2c. ``you do not combine, configure or distribute the Software to run in
conjunction with any additional software that implements the same or
similar functionality or APIs as the Software''

-=-

Looking on the JPackage list, they are not interested in it either - and
seem to be quite surprised at the Sun claim that they were "working with
JPackage" in their FAQ. The word "lie" seemed to come up more than once.