RFC: Making the xfs font server optional in Fedora Core and its derivatives.

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun May 21 20:39:40 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 21 mai 2006 à 09:37 -0500, Matt Domsch a écrit :
> On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 10:23:07AM -0400, Dimi Paun wrote:

> > Regardless, I'm sure such a list would help fix some apps.
> > OSS community is rather good I find at this sort of focused
> > cleanup efforts.
>
> +1.  See how many BuildRequires are being fixed from a similar QA
> project.   Blocker bug against apps that require xfs, and start
> tracking those.

To be fair Mike carefully avoided talking about RHEL, and the major
offenders are in the entreprise space :
- java apps (which do not run with gcj) : oracle tools...
- motif apps
- tcl/tk apps
- gtk1 apps
- etc

In the pure FOSS world you have the emacsen but I think that's pretty
much the only major FOSS apps not moved to fontconfig yet.

--
Nicolas Mailhot