Re: Heads-up: Requiring PAE for running Xen

Alan Cox wrote:
On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 07:48:53PM +0300, Avi Kivity wrote:
Rsync.
Still have to read every byte on the disk. I doubt you'd get away with less than 20 minutes.

That isn't a problem I find. It takes me a good hour to pack 8)

Actually rsync is slower than copying. Rsync has to read and write the entire image on the target, while a copy only needs to write it.

Rsync is excellent when network bandwidth is low, but with GbE, network bandwidth exceeds disk bandwidth.