Resource sharing for two users logged in locally simultaneously

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue May 23 15:10:05 UTC 2006

Dimi Paun wrote :

> On Tue, May 23, 2006 5:00 am, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > easiest is to have two gdm screens and let us both log in, especially
> > since gdm allows that to be trivially configured!
>
> How did you get that setup, BTW? I've found this:
>     http://www.faqs.org/docs/lnag/lnag_xwindows.html#2nd_GUI_login_prompt
> Is this the method you use?

Yup. It's not as user friendly as if the same login screen could be
used by multiple users, then have some kind of "switch login to other
active session" in some menu, but it wasn't that hard to teach my
girlfriend to switch between Alt+Ctrl+F7 and Alt+Ctrl+F8 to find her
desktop.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.89 (Rawhide) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2208_FC6
Load : 2.06 2.23 2.24