Resource sharing for two users logged in locally simultaneously

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue May 23 15:12:42 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote :

> On 5/23/06, Matthias Saou
> > Is this possible, would it be hard to do?
>
> I believe that the work on the PolicyKit layer of the HAL/DBUS stack
> is meant to address some of the easy user switching functionality
> issues.

Got any more information about this? Seems like the bit I'm missing
alright.

Still this doesn't really address the issue of now having to edit
console.perms, udev rules and this hal/dbus stuff in order to set
device permissions to be correct in all possible cases.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 5.89 (Rawhide) - Linux kernel 2.6.16-1.2208_FC6
Load : 2.38 2.40 2.31