A sole, standard proxy library for Fedora

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sat May 27 16:24:16 UTC 2006

Philip

> I have a laptop that travels with me from work (where there's the
> use of web proxies) to home (where I don't), and was overwhelmed
> by the number of config files that I have to switch over every time
> I move from one place to the other.

How about having a lightweight proxy on every machine. All configuration
should point to the local proxy.

When the network changes, only the proxy need be informed of the changes.

It's a horrible hack, I know :) but configuration in the environment
isn't dynamic enough, and hell will freeze over before any new
configuration scheme reaches the level of acceptance that http_proxy in
env has.

-Cam

--

                                                                      <--