Re: A sole, standard proxy library for Fedora

Philip

I have a laptop that travels with me from work (where there's the
use of web proxies) to home (where I don't), and was overwhelmed
by the number of config files that I have to switch over every time
I move from one place to the other.

How about having a lightweight proxy on every machine. All configuration should point to the local proxy.

When the network changes, only the proxy need be informed of the changes.

It's a horrible hack, I know :) but configuration in the environment isn't dynamic enough, and hell will freeze over before any new configuration scheme reaches the level of acceptance that http_proxy in env has.

-Cam

--

                                                                     <--
camilo mesias co uk