What's up with elfutils?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 28 08:35:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 13:02 -0700, Nicholas Miell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 15:03 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> > > Oh, I can, but I can't move them out of the MODIFIED state and none of
> > > the default queries (i.e. My Bugs) include MODIFIED.
> >
> > What are you trying to do? Are you trying to query or change state of
> > the reports? Which bugs?
>
> Well, I'd like to be able to just drop a line to the elfutils list
> saying "Any progress on this bug?", but no such list exists, so I'm
> reduced to bothering fedora-devel.

If you want to ask an update on a reported bug, it is generally done
within the bugzilla report as comments.

> Bug 187618, was submitted, partially fixed, and moved into the MODIFIED
> state, which bugzilla describes as "Fix applied, please test" (or
> something like that). I've tested it, discovered that that the fix was
> incomplete, and now I can't move it back to NEW or ASSIGNED or whatever
> and (afaict), nobody ever sees MODIFIED bugs in the normal course of
> bugzilla usage.

Looks like you got an answer from the developer now. The default queries
in RH bugzilla doesnt list bugs with MODIFIED status but the relevant
maintainers would be still keeping tracking of it.

The larger point about having a project space setup and looking for
alternatives still stands .

Rahul