Buildrequire: perl-XML-Parser (Was: Re: rawhide report: 20060531 changes)

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Wed May 31 12:56:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 14:20 +0200, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> Dnia 31-05-2006, śro o godzinie 03:52 -0400, Build System napisał(a):
> [..]
> > gnome-keyring-manager-2.14.0-2
> > ------------------------------
> > * Mon May 29 2006 Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> - 2.14.0-2
> > - buildrequire gettext and perl-XML-Parser
>
> *All* this kind changes are incorrect.
> BuildRequires for perl-XML-Parser must be replaced by intltool because
> for exaple gnome-keyring-manager build automation do not uses directly
> perl-XML-Parser but intltool and intltool uses perl-XML-Parser (yess
> inltool acelocal macro display messages about looking for
> perl-XML-Parser but it dosent matter).
>
> Intltool must have Require not gettext but gettext-devel. IIRC Requires
> rule for neccessary perl modules from perl-XML-Parser is autogenerated
> so adding explicite in intltool spec Require rule for perl-XML-Parser
> isn't neccessary.

Objection. I also have a package concerned by this (hwbrowser) and it
(by itself) contains intltool scripts (no external dependency on
intltool) which require perl-XML-Parser. Therefore this package requires
"perl-XML-Parser" for building. Note that with packages using an
external intltool YMMV.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759