Re: Strange behaviour with boottime loading of ipw2200

darrell pfeifer wrote:
The random name seems to be created (by udev?) when the firmware
doesn't load. I suspect it is a timing problem (or the 'failed'
timeout needs to be just a bit longer).

The issue was there for a while a about two months before FC6 release,
disappeared for a bit and got worse just about FC6 release time.
FWIW, this issue is not limited to FC6; I've seen it fairly consistently on FC5 as well (HP dv1000 laptop). I always thought it had something to do with initscripts, but I guess that's not the case.