Proposal - replace beagle with tracker

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 13:23:08 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>> I don't know much about this subject, but I saw this thread on ubuntu.
>> I, as many others, have seen problems with beagle.
>>
>> BTW, this ubuntu whiteboard is also very interesting.
>> https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/tracker-integration
>> https://launchpad.net/products/tracker
>
> Well Tracker is now in Fedora Extras. So end users can use both.

Is that maybe in devel only?  I don't see any tracker in FC6 extras:
smart search tracker

adplug - A software library for AdLib (OPL2) emulation
dumb - IT, XM, S3M and MOD player library
gnotime - Tracks and reports time spent
ktorrent - A BitTorrent program for KDE
rt3 - Request tracker 3
soundtracker - Sound module composer/player
svnmailer - Tool to post subversion repository commit information
tcpick - A tcp stream sniffer, tracker and capturer
trac - Enhanced wiki and issue tracking system