compiz unresponsoive under heavy load

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Thu Nov 16 06:51:20 UTC 2006

Am Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:54:13 +0000
hat Chris Jones <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> (Chris Jones) folgendes
geschrieben:

Hi,

> I'm running compiz just fine on my FC6 system. However, I have
> noticed that under load (such as running make, yum update, my email
> client running a mail check or just my web browser running a heavy
> site) compiz becomes very unresponsive and thus also the desktop.

Same here,
when i use sylpheed, i register hanging situations. I have the latest
nvidia lvna driver, latest updates and a nforce 2 with barton mobile
cpu.

On the other hand, when i use googleearth here, no hanging.
I think compiz has problems with high io on ide.

--
Nine (not 9)
Never trust a hippie