Re: Make kde 1st class in fedora

Arthur Pemberton <pemboa <at> gmail.com> writes:
> If you don't believe the quoted statement install Windows......you can
> install several other browsers, text editors, media players
> etc.....but if the link to the 'default' browser says Internet (or in
> the case of gaim, 'Instant Messenger') then a large percentage of
> users will _not_ benifit from having a choice.

I must say I hate that too. This stuff belongs into the GenericName field, not
the Name field. Of course, this means GNOME would have to be fixed to display
both Name and GenericName as KDE has done for years. (And KDE allows you to
configure it, so if you want just the name or just the GenericName, you can
have that.)

        Kevin Kofler