Make kde 1st class in fedora

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Nov 19 11:58:36 UTC 2006

> On Friday 17 November 2006 16:32, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > If you havent received the memo yet, there is no core/extras/legacy
> > starting from the next release.
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraSummit.
>
> Please remember that this is just proposed, and by no means set in
> stone.

It is a very good idea though, so fairly likely to go ahead.

We have realised that having 'second class citizens' in Fedora doesn't
make much sense and doesn't work very well. Having a separate build and
release process for Fedora Extras was never particularly workable --
combining Core and Extras is obviously the right thing to do.

Now, where else could we apply that same hard-earned knowledge?

--
dwmw2