Core + Exrtas 2

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Nov 20 18:49:35 UTC 2006

Le lundi 20 novembre 2006 à 17:36 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 10:32:56AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps what you are looking for is in rawhide. (That's what I run on my
> > desktop.)
>
> That may be. I've never actually tried to run rawhide on a permanent basis
> because I don't have the time necessary to report bugs for any extended
> period.

It's not like this. Running rawhide means you'll have some parts of the
system break at inconvenient time, so you learn workarounding a lot, but
no rawhide user has the energy to report every broken thing. You do it
when you're really annoyed and you have the time to write a good report.
The rest of the time you wait a few days for breakage to fix itself.

That's all there is to the eating babies part 99% of the time
(unglamorous, I know). Rawhide is only slightly less stable than some
Extras parts.

--
Nicolas Mailhot