FC6: some impressions

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Nov 22 14:33:06 UTC 2006

On Wed, November 22, 2006 6:47 am, Alan Cox wrote:
> If you have the flash plugin loaded try a bit without - if that stops the
> hang try the flash 9 beta, and report problems to the flash folks as
> they ask so they can get the final flash 9 stable.

Thank you, I'll give that a try.

>> What is the new direction for the email client? Is there one?
>
> Beats me. Evolution has things some people think are essential that the
> others lack, but its slow and nobody seems to be fixing the real bugs
> (eg the year old remote DoS I sent to bugtraq)

And don't people find this in the least worrying? A good email client
is no longer optional nowadays, and AFAIU RHEL5 will ship soon. They
can't possibly ship Evolution in this state.

Email is by far and away the most important tool in a business
environment, and it's not an easy proposition to transition folks
to a new one. You need something that works. If it crashes, for
most people is equivalent to the entire system crashing, as they'll
need to reboot the box to fix the problem. This renders the system
worse than Windows 3.1.

If you really want to tick people off, mess with their email. I'd
be _very_ concerned right about now if I were RHEL5 product manager.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.