Re: That much dependences ? (rssowl hell)

* Andrew Overholt <overholt redhat com> [2006-11-22 20:53]:
> * Thomas Canniot <thomas canniot laposte net> [2006-11-22 16:51]:
> > [root localhost ~]# yum install rssowl
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >  eclipse-platform        i386       1:3.2.1-4.fc6    core
>
> This is because RSSOwl itself isn't technically an Eclipse RCP app.  If it
> were, a lot of those dependencies would go away.  I know Ben Pasero, the
> upstream author, had been working on not using stuff that wasn't part of
> JFace (and thus part of the RCP definition) so perhaps we should see if
> that bore any fruit.

Actually, it looks like that's fixed in CVS and will be in the forthcoming
version:

  "- Removed the dependancy to org.eclipse.ui.forms. On Linux, the big
  dependancy to the Eclipse Platform is therefor no longer required.

from http://www.rssowl.org/dl/Integration_Build/changelog.txt

Andrew