Equivalent of debootstrap for Fedora

Laurent Rineau laurent.rineau__fedora_extras at normalesup.org
Mon Nov 27 15:04:22 UTC 2006

Hi,

As a Fedora Extras contributor, I would like to install parts of rawhide in a
chroot (I currently run FC-5, and will upgrade to FC-6 soon).

I know that I can install it with Anaconda, in a partition of my disk. But I
would have prefere to do it without rebooting my computer.

Is there a tool, similar to Debian's debootstrap, that allows to install a
version of Fedora in a chroot? In a way, mock has this feature. Is there a
practical way to use parts of mock code to do it?