removing termcap

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Mon Nov 27 18:10:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, November 27, 2006 12:12 pm, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Well, they're modifiable with tic. I submit that they're at least
> as modifiable as selinux policies, sendmail databases, etc.

The spirit of those files is different from termcap.
People are supposed to change sendmail dbs, and even
selinux policies. The binary parts are just different
representations of text files (which are the files
of record).

Termcap on the other hand it's a readonly database,
and even if it can be modified with tic (somehow it
must have been created :) ), people are no supposed
to mess with it.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.