Fedora core Chinese font support

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 09:21:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Four years ago, I hated tweaking Chinese font support. It was such a
waste of time. So with FC5, I have been using English for about 8
months now. FC5's Chinese support is as bad as Redhat Linux 8. Lately
I did a lot of work in Chinese. It wasn't a pleasant experience with
Fedora core 5. I'm studying in UK and I don't need to use Chinese on
daily bases. If I feel awful, how would my fellow Chinese feel. I'm
posting here so that fedora developers could pay more attention to
this aspect in future releases.

Here is a comparison between SuSE 9.3 (released 2005/04/15) and FC5
(released 2006/03/20):

SuSE: