XFCE in Fedora missing session manager

Kevin Fenzi kevin-redhat-devel at scrye.com
Sun Oct 15 23:45:05 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Trumbour <techokami at gdarcade.taloncrossing.com> writes:

Christopher> This should be a really quick question.  It's not
Christopher> support, it's curiousity.  Apparently, the session mamger
Christopher> in XFCE is missing in the build provided in Fedora Core

Oh? Missing where? The package is still there and available as far as
I can see.

Christopher> 5.  This is really wierd... I mean, the link to its
Christopher> section in the XFCE manual is still there, only it gives
Christopher> a 404 error.  I found this out while I had to temporarily
Christopher> go to XFCE from GNOME when GNOME unexpectedly blew my
Christopher> settings up. So, why is it removed?  Greets, -Chris
Christopher> Trumbour

It shouldn't be.

Can you provide a link or step by step instructions to get to the
place where you see it missing? Which XFCE manual? URL?

yum info xfce4-session
Setting up repositories
updates-released                                                     [1/5]
updates-released          100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00
core                                                                 [2/5]
core                      100% |=========================| 1.3 kB    00:00
asterisk                                                             [3/5]
asterisk                  100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
freshrpms                                                            [4/5]
freshrpms                 100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                                                               [5/5]
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Available Packages
Name   : xfce4-session
Arch   : i386
Version: 4.2.3
Release: 3.fc5
Size   : 564 k
Repo   : extras
 xfce4-session is the session manager for the Xfce desktop environment.

kevin