Another slip in the FC6 schedule

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 01:13:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 01:05:35AM +0000, Bojan Smojver wrote:
 > Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
 >
 > > Over the weekend we ran into a few more bugs with Fedora Core 6 that we
 > > decided were important enough to fix.
 >
 > And given that you mentioned that a kernel rebuild is pending, I'm guessing that
 > ext3 corruption problem has been dealt with, right?

That's nailed. It only affects filesystems created with a 1K blocksize.
(Which by default, we don't do).  There was a problem with anaconda
at some point during FC6-test where it *would* create them in some situations,
but that has been addressed.

So unless you're manually making 1K filesystems with mkfs, you wouldn't
have been bitten by this.  Just to be sure, the fix got checked into the
final FC6 kernel this morning.

 > I remember Dave Jones saying that he isn't going to push 2.6.18 to FC5 unless
 > that's addressed, so I'm assuming the 2200 has the fix as well.

Actually, I just realised it didn't. I'll make sure it gets in the next update.
But as I said, it only shows up in certain circumstances, and you really
need to hammer the disk with lots of I/O to make it happen.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk