feedback: fc5 and fc6t3 x86_64

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 13:23:24 UTC 2006

On Thursday 19 October 2006 03:12, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> can yum search for foo and if it finds foo-N-N.x86_64.rpm it downloads
> it. If not it will download the 32 bit version. However if it finds
> foo-N-N.x86_64.rpm it should not download the 32 bit version (to
> prevent conflict).

There should BE no conflict between the i386 and the x86_64 package.  If there
is, it is a bug in the PACKAGE, not in the update tool.

> "It should Just Work(tm) for the user"
> well my 3 sources have the same problem, and yum update fails each
> time. It is not just working for the user.

What were these conflicts?  Where are the bugs?  What release were they using?

Don't shoot the mailman because he delivered a correctly addressed package to
your house, and it turned out to be a bomb.  Shoot the person who made the
package (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora