GDM keeps crashing...

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 22:48:13 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06, darrell pfeifer <darrellpf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Horst,
>
> On 10/25/06, Horst H. von Brand <vonbrand at inf.utfsm.cl> wrote:
> > Just updated to the latest rawhide, now gdm crashes:
> > xdm works fine.
> >

> Same problem here, The only thing I can see in the log is
>
> Oct 25 14:33:43 localhost gdm[2312]: no suitable security token driver
> could be found
>
> I used runlevel 3 and startx, which works fine.
>
> darrell

I get this in log:
/var/log/messages:Oct 25 13:10:18 localhost gdm[3130]: The display
server has been shut down about 6 times in the last 90 seconds. It is
likely that something bad is going on.  Waiting for 2 minutes before
trying again on display :0.

Reverting to gdm-2.16.0-18.fc6 fixes this for me.

tom
--
Tom London