Hplip and Scanning?

Jovan Spasojevic support at fedora-club.de
Sun Oct 29 06:52:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

It could be also due be the hp.conf, however, I do not know it anymore.

scsi HP
# Uncomment the following if you have "Error during device I/O" on SCSI
#   option dumb-read
#
# The usual place for a SCSI-scanner on Linux
/dev/scanner
#
# USB-scanners supported by the hp-backend
# HP ScanJet 4100C
usb 0x03f0 0x4c11
# HP ScanJet 5200C
#usb 0x03f0 0x0401
# HP ScanJet 62X0C
#usb 0x03f0 0x0201
# HP ScanJet 63X0C
# HP PSC 1510
usb  0x03f0 0x4c11
#
#
#hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_3f0_4c11_MY59JDB0JM0498_if1_printer_MY59JDB0JM0498
# Uncomment the following if your scanner is connected by USB,
# but you are not using libusb
# /dev/usb/scanner0
#   option connect-device

if u see a error in tis file?

ere aigain the sane-find output:

[root at localhost sane.d]# sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating
system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [HP], product=0x4c11 [PSC 1500 series])
at libusb:001:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary
ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
[root at localhost sane.d]#

And i want to say when i try scanime-L than the command blocks the
printer and he can print anymore an i cannot put him off anymore. I must
then take a reboot, then the printer prints again.

I never had this problem before 7 days really!.

regards,
jovan
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/JovanSpasojevic