rpmbuild with target i386 on x86_64 sets %{_libdir} to lib64.

Rob Andrews rob at choralone.org
Thu Sep 21 14:53:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

Since I don't have an i386 installation of Fedora, I am trying to build a
set of i386 RPMs on my x86_64 machine using:

    rpmbuild --target=i386 --rebuild foo.src.rpm
    or
    rpmbuild --target=i386 -bb foo.spec

However, it is expanding %{_libdir} to /usr/lib64.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm tempted to use --define="_libdir /usr/lib"
for a quick fix, but I was under the impression that building i386 packages
would have adjusted the path definitions accordingly.

Thanks,
rob.

rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x01e00563 :: rob at choralone.org