rawhide report: 20060929 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 29 14:37:56 UTC 2006

On Friday 29 September 2006 10:22, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> I knew the reasons for the rename. But I still can't see any reasons why
>  we shouldn't ship gutenprint as a update in FC6....

Is gutenprint the exact same code but with a different name?  No.  You
yourself said "A lot of stuff is new in gutenprint".  We haven't included
gutenprint in any of the previous test releases, especially not before the
feature freeze.  Having it in Extras during FC6 paves the way for it to be in
Core for FC7.  If it were just a namechange, that would be acceptable, but
from what I gather, this is much more than that.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora