New mirror layout for the merged core and extras

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Fri Apr 6 03:48:07 UTC 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007 04:40:14 pm Jesse Keating wrote:
> I've tossed together a quick rundown of a new mirror layout for the merged
> core and extras.  You can find it here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasMerge#head-d370223ce
>90e602f6d5c4bf3584bd20800da68b6
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.  This could be expected to go live as
> early as Monday Apr 9th.

  Curious why we don't have the top level keyed by release .. something more
like below - seems a lot simpler and keeps everything together for each
version - does this appeal to others?

   It also makes it very easy for those who keep local repo and only need a
subset of versions as well.

pub/
|-- fedora
    |-- linux
          |--releases  (this looks not needed now come to think of it)
             |--- 6
                 |-- base
                 |-- updates
                 |-- testing