hal + pam update errors

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Fri Apr 6 03:52:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:43:51PM -0500, Michael E Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 04:55:12PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> > > post what you have. It's a start.
> > >
> > > If this is the path we want to go I'll get on it asap, it shouldn't be
> > > overly much code - mostly like installonlyn but just querying some extra
> > > metadata.
> >
> > After talking to a few folks this sounds like the way we're going to
> > have to go. A plugin which lets us tell yum 'remove these if you find
> > them'.
> >
> > it steps around the arch-specific obsoletes need. If/when rpm gets that
> > added in and stable we can disable the plugin and worry about it no
> > more! :)
> >
> > I was trying to figure out what would be a reasonable file format and
> > unless we're planning on doing something tricky  it might make sense to
> > have a simple flatfile in the metadata
> >
> > pkgname-v-r.arch
> > pkg2-v-r.arch
> > pkg3-v-r.*
>
> Maybe a .d/ directory so that, for example, you can drop a series of
> flat files in via some RPM?
> Like: /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/shoot-on-sight.d/*.data
>
> version specifiers?
>     pkgname.arch <= e:v-r

For the previously discussed HAL problem, would it be possible to create
an updated HAL.i386 RPM that would _only_ be placed inside the x86_64
repo? This new hal rpm could simply contain one file:
/etc/yum/pluginconf.g/shoot-on-sight.d/hal.data containing one line:
"hal-*-*.i386" and it could have one dependency: "requires:
shoot-on-sight-plugin".

That way it doesnt conflict with any files, and gets removed on the next
yum run.
--
Michael