JBoss and Fedora

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Apr 6 13:19:45 UTC 2007

Le vendredi 06 avril 2007 à 13:45 +0100, Andrew Haley a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot writes:
>  > Le vendredi 06 avril 2007 à 11:07 +0100, Andrew Haley a écrit :
>  > > Nicolas Mailhot writes:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > the consensus seems to be it's more efficient to wait for the
>  > >  > actual Java 7 SUN GPL release than make gcj feature-complete enough
>  > >  > for JBoss.
>  > >
>  > > Really?  The consensus among whom?  I wonder what that's based on.
>  >
>  > The consensus as expressed by the Fedora Java team on this list in the
>  > past
>
> I doubt it.  I could only find one posting with the  Google query
> site://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/ jboss gcj
> and that was from one "Nicolas Mailhot".

Then it was on one of the other Linux & Java technical lists
(fedora-maintainers, fedora-extras, fedora-devel-java,
jpackage-discuss at zarb.org). Java team members participate in many
different public forums, and I won't pretend I track each of their
messages.

If you deem gcj ready for JBoss feel free to submit a set of JBoss
packages. I certainly won't stop you. You can take the jpackage rpms as
starting point (though now JBoss is Red Hat the submission should
probably come from the JBoss division itself)

--
Nicolas Mailhot