Problem with installing the nvidia drivers

Hey,

i normally find it hard to install the nvidia drivers because there is no "official" fedora way.. it all has to be done with the livna repository.
but now i`m getting very strange problems..

I install the kernel module driver and the xorg nvidia driver:

kmod-nvidia-1.0.9755-1.2.6.20_1.3045.fc7
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-1.0.9755-2.lvn7

than i run x. at this moment i have nvidia and all seems to be running fine.. untill i restart.
somehow everything that is installed by: xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-1.0.9755-2.lvn7 is not on my disc anymore once i restarted..

i have no idea what could cause this problem..
how do you all install the nvidia drivers? i have a 6800 GT