Re: is mgetty being maintained?

dragoran wrote:
Don Russell wrote:

I got the source code for 1.1.35 and based on reading the C code, verified the bug I found has not been fixed yet.

So, what I'd like to do is get the source for the older version as used by Fedora Core 6 and test a change... How/where can I get the source for the version in Fedora 6 without downloading the entire CD of source code?
you only have to download the src rpm :
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/6/source/SRPMS/

OK... I d/l that and installed it with
   rpm -i mgetty*.rpm

I now see a whole bunch o' stuff in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ relating to several versions of mgetty.

So, that's the first hurdle....

What do I need to do to get to a point where I can"make" (make install) mgetty? (Or where are there some instructions on doing this?)

I want to "make install" the existing version with no changes to make sure I have the process correct. Then I will make my code changes and "make install" again to test it....

THEN I can attach the diff file to my bugzilla report, and perhaps take the next step toward getting a newer version of mgetty into FC6 (or FC7)

Thank you.