Provides: MTA and smtpdaemon?

Hello,

Are the meanings of Provides: MTA and Provides: smtpdaemon documented
somewhere, or can someone tell with confidence what they mean/imply?

I thought that a Provides: smtpdaemon would mean a service that runs a local
SMTP service daemon and Provides: MTA something sendmail command line
compatible that can send mail; filed some bugs, but it appears that there are
some disagreement over their purposes.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/235594
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/235596
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/188400

Unless they already are, these things should be documented somewhere.  I
started http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/VilleSkytt%C3%A4/VirtualProvides to
collect info - feel free to comment and add info and whatever is missing.