Re: sysvinit VS initng VS upstart VS launchd (Was: Future New Init for FC7?)

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
che can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the user of a new init
system such as initng has to install the new init *and* manually
configure the commandline in grub to boot with the alternate init.
no the package creates the grub entry in %post using grubby
so after installing initng from extras you will get a new option in grub called "initng boot"

we already have a alternative initsystem in fedora (initng), so why not allow others too?