1) Open source

It always has been, as far as I remember at least

2) Packaged as RPMs

Available since times immemorial at www.jpackage.org

3) Fedora

Although you can use the JPackage.org RPMs with proprietary JDKs (maybe even with GCJ, I haven't tried), what you want is a set of RPMs pre-compiled with GCJ and bundled with Fedora.

While I can't tell if that is in the plans, I can tell that it needs maven2 and that will come in Fedora 7. So, at least for Fedora 7+ there is hoe. For FC6 and previous there is no chance.

Regards,
Fernando