Re: httpd installed by default on desktops! bad gnome-user-share, bad!

On Monday 09 April 2007 11:57:40 Matthew Miller wrote:
> Seriously, easy file sharing is nifty and all, but this is just asking for
> it. Please, we need to stop installing this by default. Think of the
> children.

Perhaps this conversation belongs in upstream gnome, but it starts an http
session AS the user for the specific directory the user wants to share.
Other than the knee jerk "OMG http is running!" reactions, what is the major
problem here?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora