httpd installed by default on desktops! bad gnome-user-share, bad!

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Mon Apr 9 17:14:51 UTC 2007

That'd be great.  Is it possible?  It looks like it currently calls the
httpd binary using a config file in /usr/share/gnome-user-share/.

It looks like all it uses from the httpd package is the binary, but the
config isn't split out into a separate RPM.  You could take it up with the
Apache maintainer.  The thing is, then what happens when I wan to set up a
host as a web server?  I install httpd, move files to /var/www/html/foo
and fire it up, and nothing works.  Maybe move the httpd binary to
httpd-something and keep the rest in httpd, with the config, then change
the g-u-s R to httpd-something.

Just my $0.02.

--
novus ordo absurdum