Re: httpd installed by default on desktops! bad gnome-user-share, bad!

Le lundi 09 avril 2007 à 12:14 -0500, Jon Ciesla a écrit :
> That'd be great.  Is it possible?  It looks like it currently calls the
> httpd binary using a config file in /usr/share/gnome-user-share/.

OMG, can't the package just drop the right file in /etc/httpd/conf.d ?
Or is the Gnome track record on daemons so good we'll let it pilot
apache now ?

I'm not afraid of apache as a dep, or apache running as daemon, as long
as it's done in an industrial way by people who understand this stuff.
Gnome daemons just seem to take 20 times the maintenance of good old
daemons like apache or postfix.

--
Nicolas Mailhot