Re: httpd installed by default on desktops! bad gnome-user-share, bad!

On 4/9/07, Matthew Miller <mattdm mattdm org> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 03:50:56PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Would you be happier if turning on file sharing started a custom-written
> HTTP server hacked up just for the purpose?
>  If so, why?

Clearly not.

>  If not, what's the problem? (*)

It's bringing in more than it should.

I don't care either way since I don't use Gnome, but have you made any
recommendations? Or is your recommendation to _not_ include
gnome-user-share by default?

I have to say though, I think Apache is a fairly secure piece of
software. Esp. by it's lonesome, sans CGI.

--
Fedora Core 6 and proud