Re: Did i just made the fastest dependency checker in the world? (198 packages in 1.5 seconds)

You could do that. But, do you really want your program coming up with
different answers than the standard tools?

if the "standard tools" are using logic that`s just no logic than yes
someone needs to make a change

This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list, well, until
you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a little while
off I think).

you can say that (last part) again... it could take a long while till it`s done.. considering that i just know what pointers are in c++ and besides the pointers i know a few other basics but nothing interesting enough to be able to make this stuff in c++ and that`s the exact reason why i`m first making it in php.

Not to be rude, but could you start a sourceforce project and then get a
mailing list to discuss this sort of stuff in private?

not for now.

This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list, well, until
you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a little while
off I think).

Well i need to visions of the people here to make this stuff work so that`s one reason why i posted it here.
i could make a sourceforge account and create a mailing list there but it`s highly unlikely that i would have gotten as much feedback as i get here. and in the end it`s all for fedora do why not post it here. (perhaps the fedora-list would have been a better place)

2007/4/10, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>:
On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 22:52 +0200, Mark wrote:
> if that isn`t possible than perhaps a patch should be written for rpm
> so that it doesn`t check for versions anymore.. it just installs
> nomather what you put in (version wise) and let my dep checker do all
> the version stuff.

Not to be rude, but could you start a sourceforce project and then get a
mailing list to discuss this sort of stuff in private?

This isn't really a issue for fedora core development list, well, until
you have a drop in replacement for yum (which might be a little while
off I think).

Thanks.

Richard.