Re: readahead could use a update

 My plan is to generate new readahead lists, but few days before
 development freeze.

Wonderfull

 see readahead-collector, you can generate customized lists for your
 machine.

nice, i didn`t know that something like that existed.

and another suggestion.
filling up the cache with programs isn`t good but still i would like to suggest to fill up: gdm, gnome, firefox, and openoffice. just so that a normal office desktop loads fast.

Better would be if fedora is maintaining a list on each computer of the most used programs. than put those programs in readahead.

2007/4/11, Karel Zak <kzak redhat com>:
On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 07:59:33PM +0200, Mark wrote:
> Hey,
>
> i just wanted to speed up firefox and i saw that the 1.5.0.9 lines are still
> in readahead, but not 2.0.0.3

My plan is to generate new readahead lists, but few days before
development freeze.

> and i`m sure there are more things in readahead that i didn`t saw yet.
>
> btw.. firefox is real fast when added to readahead :)

see readahead-collector, you can generate customized lists for your
machine.

> [root localhost ~]# time firefox
>
> real    0m0.363s
> user    0m0.009s
> sys     0m0.031s
> [root localhost ~]#
>
> without it takes a few seconds.
> perhaps a good idea to add the default gnome applets (that are shown on a
> default fedora installation) to readahead?

no problem

   Karel

--
Karel Zak  <kzak redhat com>