Re: DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 13:38:15 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> You don't expose them really to any additional risks by default. If the
> delta rpms are already mirrored, yum just ignores them without the
> plugin. Since the plugin is already in Fedora Extras users just would
> have install them explicitly to use the delta rpms.  The plugin falls
> back to downloading the full rpm if the delta rpm fails or is not
> available.

It is still not something I want to do to a released product, or even Fedora 7
after the feature freeze.  The generation of the delta rpms, the layout, the
use of the plugin, etc.. these are all codepaths that need more
exposure/testing during an open development phase.  I think it's great that
you guys have gotten it to the point it is now, and I really look forward to
seeing it get wider use once we start up Fedora 8.  I just don't want to add
new features/functionality into 7 and 6.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora