Re: A couple of serious questions

On 04/13/2007 01:11 AM, Kelly wrote:
I'm somewhat interested in the answers to a few questions, after watching some of the discussion on the list. Now, seriously:

1) Is there sufficient interest in having the system-config packages split into data and GUI components so there might be Qt/KDE versions in the future?
+1
even +2 if a plain-text (ncurses) aka -tui interface is always available
2) If so, would people be more interested in it integrating into the KControl menu, or into a separate menu (system-control-center)?
I for one tend to avoid usually KControl. It is already way too large, looking more and more like a more-graphical-regedit. But most of the people I know do use it, so it seems like a good option.