A couple of serious questions

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 07:42:53 UTC 2007

Jane Dogalt <jdogalt at yahoo.com> writes:
> I for one really like the idea, with one extra caveat- Make sure there
> is also a good batch/commandline (read: scriptable) backend in addition
> to one or more GUI backends, and possibly a curses-ish text based one
> as well.  (but my focus is on being able to easily control any
> functionality from a bash script).

+1

This is the point which should be stressed a lot -- I mean, still
the main customers of RH are on server side and inability to use
some tools without installing gnome (ehm, ehm,
gnome-power-manager) seriously hurts. I know this is fedora list,
but still there are some people who use Fedora-based distros on
servers, right?

Best,

Matej