Re: packaging thunderbird and firefox extensions as RPM in Fedora

Christopher Aillon <caillon redhat com> writes:

> 3.0.  There's no maintainable way to make it work now without querying
> RPM in %post and requiring triggers.

Why is firefox packaged in such a broken way (versioned dirs under
/usr/lib)? I do not see any sense for such a layout on an rpm managed
system.

Alternatively, why not create a

| /usr/lib*/firefox-<version>/extensions -> /usr/lib*/firefox/extensions

symlink and place extensions into the unversioned dir?

Enrico