Re: packaging thunderbird and firefox extensions as RPM in Fedora

Enrico Scholz wrote:
Christopher Aillon <caillon redhat com> writes:

3.0.  There's no maintainable way to make it work now without querying
RPM in %post and requiring triggers.

Why is firefox packaged in such a broken way (versioned dirs under
/usr/lib)? I do not see any sense for such a layout on an rpm managed
system.

ABI compatibility between versions is not guaranteed and does (and has in the past) change even on stable branches. Additionally, the .so files are not versioned so we can't do dependencies that way.