Re: Release Engineering Meeting Recap from Monday 16-APR-07

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 09:36:50PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>     * Known feature which are IN: fast-user-switching,
>  1. wwoods reported on the state of the trees + discussion of important
> areas needing testing

Other display managers than gdm don't set the 'authentication' needed
for consolekit, thus hal is unusable in those cases. It is problematic
for wdm, although I guess the user base is not that big, but it is
very annoying for xdm and kdm. The relevant bugs block FC7 Blocker
Tracker. I don't clearly know what is the right thing to do, but a
decision should be explicitely made and documented at least in the
release notes.

--
Pat