Re: packaging and binary incompatibility coming from the compiler

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 10:28:48AM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Patrice Dumas writes:
>
> This is exhausting.  Please explain why the soname scheme does not
> work for changes in the compiler as well as for changes in the
> library!

Maybe it does, but is it that way that such issues should be handled
in fedora? changing soname upon a compiler-related ABI breaking leads
to following another soname versionning scheme than upstream, I doubt
this is right, and I don't think such issues are handled that way in
fedora.

--
Pat